- Ukraine receives U.S. air defence systemon September 25, 2022 at 6:13 pm
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in an interview broadcast on Sunday that Ukraine had received sophisticated air defence systems from the United States.
- Search underway for missing N.L. woman reportedly swept out to seaon September 25, 2022 at 5:57 pm
A search is underway in southwestern Newfoundland for a woman who was reportedly swept out to sea after a wave struck her home during post-tropical storm Fiona.
- Orange Shirt Day in Manitoba: Where to buy a shirt and who to supportby Amy-Ellen Prentice on September 25, 2022 at 6:37 pm
“I always encourage people to purchase from an Indigenous company, an Indigenous store — support an Indigenous business when you’re purchasing an Orange Shirt.”
- B.C. water bomber and its captain retire after nearly 40 years of serviceby Darrian Matassa-Fung on September 25, 2022 at 6:36 pm
A Conair water-bomber pilot and his plane are retiring after nearly 40 years of service.
- Glenn Gould Prize awarded to acclaimed conductor Gustavo Dudamelby Michael Crabb Special to the Star on September 25, 2022 at 5:20 pm
Gustavo Dudamel, one of the world’s most acclaimed conductors, is the 2022 winner of the $100,000 Glenn Gould Prize.The award […]
- A Mr. Big named ‘Stephanie’: Inside the elaborate undercover operation to catch a GTA double-killerby Betsy Powell – Courts Reporter on September 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Travelling east on Highway 401 toward what he thought was a new career path, Trestan Brown opened up about his attempt to find […]
- How Lido Pimienta keeps it surreal on Lido TVby Dave Zarum on September 23, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Colombian-Canadian musician Lido Pimienta takes her talents to television with Lido TV, her one-of-a-kind take on variety shows The post How Lido Pimienta keeps it surreal on Lido TV […]
- Rick Mercer on Poilievre vs. Trudeau, his new comedy showcase and moreby Dave Zarum on September 23, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Mercer returns to prime time with Comedy Night With Rick Mercer. “This is a golden age of stand-up comedy. But it’s a completely insane occupation.” The post Rick Mercer on Poilievre […]
- Ben Affleck Steps Out With Seraphina, 13, & Emme, 14, For Halloween Shopping Trip: Photosby Erin Silvia on September 25, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Ben Affleck happily visited a Halloween specialty shop in Los Angeles, CA with Seraphina and J.Lo’s child Emme over the weekend, and they walked out with multiple bags.
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Kiss On Stage At Global Citizen Concert in NYC: Photosby Terry Zeller on September 25, 2022 at 5:50 pm
The gorgeous new parents were dressed in chic ensembles as they packed on the PDA in front of a packed crowd!
- Kim Kardashian Brings All 4 Kids To D&G Show Where She Ruled The Runway: Photosby Cassie Gill on September 25, 2022 at 5:02 pm
Kim Kardashian had the support of kids North, Saint, Chicago and Psalm in the audience as Dolce & Gabbana debuted their new ‘Ciao, Kim’ line!
- France Submits Alice Diop’s Venice Winner “Saint Omer” as its International Oscar Pickby Laura Berger on September 23, 2022 at 7:02 pm
Alice Diop’s first narrative feature is eyeing an Oscar nomination. Deadline reports that France has submitted “Saint Omer,” this year’s winner of Venice Film Festival’s Silver Lion Grand Jury prize and Luigi De Laurentis First Film Award, as its entry in the best international film category at the 2023 Academy Awards. The drama just made…
- Mercedes Bryce Morgan’s “Spoonful of Sugar” Lands at Shudder, Morgan Saylor Starsby Laura Berger on September 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm
“Spoonful of Sugar” is heading to Shudder. Deadline reports that the streaming service has acquired Mercedes Bryce Morgan’s sophomore feature, a psychological horror story that’s set to premiere at Fantastic Fest tomorrow, September 24. While its title brings “Mary Poppins” to mind, the childcare provider at the center of “Spoonful of Sugar” couldn’t be less…
- Trailer Watch: Kaitlyn Dever Tries to Break Up Romeo and Juliet in Karen Maine’s “Rosaline”by Laura Berger on September 23, 2022 at 4:00 pm
“The greatest love story ever told was missing a chapter. Mine,” says Kaitlyn Dever in a new trailer for Karen Maine’s “Rosaline.” A comedic take on Shakespeare’s “Romeo & Juliet” told from the perspective of Romeo’s (Kyle Allen) ex, who also happens to be Juliet’s (Isabela Merced) cousin, the pic sees a heartbroken Rosaline (Dever)…
- From HP sauce to Burberry, the future of the Queen’s endorsements is up in the airby Anis Heydari on September 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
HP Sauce is just one of the late Queen Elizabeth’s favourite brands — and they are among hundreds of products that hold royal warrants. Here’s what happens to the branding advantage gained from her seal of approval now that Her Majesty has died.
- Another discount airline takes off — but they may not all surviveby Kyle Bakx,Meegan Read on September 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
Discount airlines focus on offering cheap fares, but so far there hasn’t been a noticeable impact on overall ticket prices and there are questions about whether the air travel industry is large enough to support so many airlines.
- TSX slumps as oil falls below $80 and economic gloom settles inby Pete Evans on September 23, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Canada’s benchmark stock index dropped heavily on Friday as prospects of a global recession cause investors to sell first and ask questions later.
- Industry minister to represent Canada at former Japanese PM’s funeralby Lee Berthiaume – The Canadian Press on September 25, 2022 at 5:56 pm
- To rent or buy? What’s in store for the clothing rental industry in Canadaby Adena Ali – The Canadian Press on September 25, 2022 at 2:01 pm
- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming weekby The Canadian Press on September 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm
- Rays CF Kiermaier faces uncertain future after hip surgeryby Mark Didtler – The Associated Press on September 25, 2022 at 6:25 pm
- Patriots K Folk makes 57th straight FG from inside 50 yardsby The Associated Press on September 25, 2022 at 6:09 pm
- Hurricanes are reeling, and the honeymoon is overby Tim Reynolds – The Associated Press on September 25, 2022 at 6:04 pm
- Jennifer Jones downs Scheidegger for PointsBet curling women’s titleby The Canadian Press on September 25, 2022 at 5:44 pm
Jennifer Jones won the women’s title at the inaugural PointsBet Invitational Sunday with a 7-4 win over Casey Scheidegger in Fredericton.
- Natasha Wodak takes down Malindi Elmore’s Canadian women’s marathon record in Berlinby Lori Ewing on September 25, 2022 at 4:34 pm
Natasha Wodak of Surrey, B.C., shattered the Canadian women’s marathon record on Sunday in Berlin, running 42.2 kilometres in two hours 23 minutes 12 seconds to finish 12th.
- Auger-Aliassime stuns Djokovic to help Team World win Laver Cup for 1st timeby The Associated Press on September 25, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Felix Auger-Aliassime of Montreal added a singles victory over Novak Djokovic to an earlier win in doubles Sunday in London, allowing Team World to take a 10-8 lead over Team Europe with two matches remaining in the Laver Cup.
- Navneet Alang: Netflix is phasing out the season binge — but there’s another change it should considerby Navneet Alang – Contributing Columnist on September 17, 2022 at 10:00 am
The paralysis of choice when opening Netflix or Disney Plus isn’t just a product of being able to watch episodes all at once — there’s just too much to watch.
- Patreon cuts 17% of staff and closes offices in Dublin and Berlinby Bloomberg on September 13, 2022 at 8:09 pm
- Apple maintains prices on new iPhones despite inflationby Michael Liedtke – The Associated Press on September 7, 2022 at 7:59 pm
The hoopla surrounding Apple’s new iPhone 14 models is part of a post-Labor Day ritual the company has staged annually for more than a decade.
- NASA cancels moon rocket launch for 3rd time due to possible hurricaneby The Associated Press on September 24, 2022 at 4:05 pm
NASA is skipping next week’s launch attempt of its new moon rocket because of a tropical storm that’s expected to become a major hurricane.
- NASA is slamming a spacecraft into an asteroid on Monday to test planetary defenceby Nicole Mortillaro on September 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
On Monday, in what seems like a scene out of a science fiction movie, NASA will slam a spacecraft into a distant asteroid to see whether it can nudge its orbit — all in an effort to test a way to protect Earth from any potential future threats.
- When an octopus kills, it is stealthy and calculatingby Sheena Goodyear on September 23, 2022 at 8:43 pm
When an octopus entangles its prey in its powerful, swirling mass of tentacles, it may look to the untrained eye like chaos. But, in fact, it’s a highly choreographed hunt.