- Lionel Messi: Looking at each chapter of his career so faron June 7, 2023 at 10:57 pm
Inter Miami is getting the most decorated soccer player of all time in Lionel Messi. FOX Sports Research broke down the chapters of his career so far.
- Hundreds of American firefighters arrive in Canada to help battle wildfireson June 8, 2023 at 1:45 am
Hundreds of American firefighters have recently arrived in Canada to help battle wildfires and more are on the way, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Wednesday.
- Can face masks help protect you from wildfire smoke? Health expert explainson June 8, 2023 at 1:39 am
An official recommendation to wear a mask to protect yourself from wildfire smoke is being echoed by health experts as plumes of smoke make their way across parts of Canada, causing poor air quality.
- Calgary Transit unveils updated strategy, aiming for more frequent serviceby Adam MacVicar on June 8, 2023 at 1:52 am
Calgary’s Infrastructure and Planning Committee unanimously endorsed the updated ‘RouteAhead’ plan Wednesday, which will now go to city council for a final approval.
- 1 person sent to trauma centre after Toronto stabbingby Isaac Callan on June 8, 2023 at 1:40 am
Wilson Heights Boulevard in Toronto was closed at Brighton Avenue for a police investigation Wednesday night, and a man was taken to a trauma centre following a stabbing.
- ‘The new reality’? Canadian wildfires become the global face of unfolding ecological disasterby Allan Woods – Staff Reporter on June 8, 2023 at 12:12 am
If Canada was a colour, it would be orange.The orange flames of the burning trees, from one end of this country to the other […]
- TDSB turns the page on drag queen storytime event policy after parent outcryby Janet Hurley – Senior Writer on June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Toronto’s public school board is no longer seeking parental permission for students to attend drag queen storytime events after […]
- Former NSA counterspy on Epstein spy linksby Bill Gertz on June 7, 2023 at 9:11 pm
John R. Schindler, a former National Security Agency counterintelligence official, recently disclosed new information linking deceased pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein to Russian […]
- Electricity crisis spurs spread of cholera in South Africaby Geoff Hill – Special to The Washington Times on June 7, 2023 at 8:38 pm
The death toll from a cholera outbreak in South Africa has climbed to 26 in recent days, with dozens more hospitalized while frustration mounts over the government’s response to the […]
- Italian lawmaker who fought to allow nursing one’s baby during working…on June 7, 2023 at 7:42 pm
An Italian lawmaker who fought for a rule so that women can be allowed to nurse their babies during a parliamentary session has now become the first woman to do just that.
- Prince Harry Flashes A Huge Smile As He Leaves Court After 2nd Day Of Phone Hacking Trial Testimonyby Erin Silvia on June 8, 2023 at 1:50 am
The Duke of Sussex also waved to reporters and cameras as he walked outside of London’s High Court in a suit.
- ‘Wednesday’ Star Percy Hynes White Breaks Silence On Sexual Assault Allegationsby Sara Whitman on June 8, 2023 at 1:30 am
Percy Hynes White was accused of giving drugs and alcohol to underage girls and then sleeping with them in January 2023. Read his statement here.
- ‘RHOC’ Recap: Tamra Judge & Shannon Beador Come Face To Face For The 1st Time In 2 Yearsby Christopher Rogers on June 8, 2023 at 1:00 am
Tamra Judge is back but her return to the group during the June 7 season 17 premiere of ‘RHOC’ proved to be rocky, when she accused Shannon Beador of ghosting her.
- In Her Voice News Brief, May 31by Women and Hollywood on June 1, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Note: We are going to be sharing the transcripts from the podcasts when we can. Transcript from Podcast on May 31. If you would rather listen, click here. Holiday weekends inevitably lead to quieter starts of the week and this one is no different. Add on to that, that we are now about 1 month…
- In Her Voice Podcast Episodes- May 26by Women and Hollywood on May 26, 2023 at 1:59 pm
This week on the news brief we focus on Cannes including a bit on Jennifer Lawrence. In the weekly interview, we chat with Erica Saleh, showrunner and member of the WGA negotiating committee. She gave us a full update on the writers strike. Listen on Spotify Listen on Apple
- In Her Voice News Brief- May 17, 2023by Women and Hollywood on May 17, 2023 at 4:31 pm
Check out our latest news brief talking about why the Cannes Film Festival is important and problematic. Listen on Spotify Listen on Apple
- Shakeup at Indigo as almost half of company’s board exits. Chair Heather Reisman also plans to leave soonby Pete Evans on June 7, 2023 at 5:22 pm
Four members of Indigo’s board of directors have abruptly resigned, and the company has announced that chair Heather Reisman will retire this summer.
- Irving Oil considers sale of company as part of strategic reviewby Mia Urquhart on June 7, 2023 at 4:08 pm
Irving Oil, one of the largest and most powerful companies in New Brunswick, has launched a strategic review that will consider, among other things, “a full or partial sale” of the company, according to a statement issued Wednesday.
- Tim Hortons credit card to launch in mobile rewards appby The Canadian Press on June 7, 2023 at 3:27 pm
Tim Hortons is launching a credit card that can be used through its mobile app, the latest move into an increasingly competitive rewards space. Customers will be able to earn Tims Rewards Points on most purchases, including on many gas, grocery and transit purchases, and extra points at Tim Hortons restaurants.
- Most actively traded companies on the Toronto Stock Exchangeby The Canadian Press on June 7, 2023 at 9:08 pm
- Canadian Pacific guilty of contempt of court around long work shiftsby The Canadian Press on June 7, 2023 at 8:53 pm
- Justin Trudeau shows no interest in compromising with Meta, Google over online news billby Mickey Djuric – The Canadian Press on June 7, 2023 at 6:38 pm
- Arraez raises average to .403, Sánchez has 4 RBIs to lead Marlins over Royals 6-1by The Associated Press on June 8, 2023 at 12:41 am
- Texas homecoming for Griner in WNBA star’s 1st game there since Russian releaseby Stephen Hawkins – The Associated Press on June 8, 2023 at 12:34 am
- Reds’ De la Cruz hits 1st big league homer, then triplesby The Associated Press on June 8, 2023 at 12:14 am
- Kirk drives in winning run, Bassitt works 8 innings as Blue Jays beat Astrosby Gregory Strong on June 8, 2023 at 1:49 am
Bo Bichette and Brandon Belt hit homers and pinch-hitter Alejandro Kirk drove in the go-ahead run to help the Toronto Blue Jays to a 3-2 win over the visiting Houston Astros on Wednesday.
- Toronto Six extend head coach Geraldine Heaney through 2023-24 seasonby The Canadian Press on June 8, 2023 at 12:29 am
The Toronto Six have extended the contract of head coach Geraldine Heaney through the 2023-24 Premier Hockey Federation season.
- The Canadian Open is right in the middle of the golf drama againby Jesse Campigotto on June 7, 2023 at 9:09 pm
For the second year in a row, the Canadian Open arrives at a major inflection point for the sport — this time the controversial merger between the PGA Tour and Saudi-bankrolled LIV Golf.
- Twitter executive responsible for content safety resigns after Elon Musk criticismby The Associated Press on June 4, 2023 at 2:54 am
Her departure comes soon after owner Elon Musk publicly complained about the platform’s handling of posts about transgender topics.
- Elon Musk is apparently making over $148,000 a month from subscriptions to his personal Twitter accountby Kevin Jiang – Staff Reporter on April 25, 2023 at 2:10 am
At least 24,700 users have subscribed to the social media mogul’s personal stream at $6 a month according to a screenshot Elon Musk shared on Monday.
- What’s Auto-GPT? New, autonomous ‘AI agents’ can act on their own, rewrite their own codeby Kevin Jiang – Staff Reporter on April 15, 2023 at 1:45 am
Auto-GPT, the latest major player on the AI scene, can assign itself tasks to achieve a larger goal, search the web and even improve its own code.
- Distillery develops dairy-to-fuel processby Stu Mills on June 7, 2023 at 8:00 am
A distillery known for vodka distilled from milk byproduct has partnered with a U.S. dairy producer who will use the eastern Ontario company’s process to produce eight million litres of ethanol fuel that is better for the environment.
- Forest fires could destabilize Quebec wildlife for years to come, say expertsby Rachel Watts on June 7, 2023 at 8:00 am
Quebec’s boreal forest is not suited to frequent devastating fires, experts warn, and the current blazes could damage the delicate “mosaic” of the habitat.
- Humpback whale rescued after being entangled in rope in B.C. watersby Akshay Kulkarni on June 7, 2023 at 3:58 am
Marine researchers are warning the public to keep an eye out for humpback whales entangled in fishing gear, after one humpback was extricated from polysteel rope off the coast of Haida Gwaii.