- Kylian Mbappé shines in first appearance as France captain: 3…on March 24, 2023 at 11:40 pm
Mbappé scored two goals in France’s 4-0 win over the Netherlands on Friday. Here are three takeaways from the match.
- Landslide in Ecuador kills at least 7, with dozens missingon March 28, 2023 at 3:17 am
A huge landslide swept over an Andean community in central Ecuador, burying dozens of homes, killing at least seven people and sending rescuers on a frantic search for survivors, authorities said Monday.
- Hockey Canada says 2018 junior players ineligible for international competitionon March 28, 2023 at 2:50 am
Hockey Canada says players from the 2018 world junior hockey team will not be considered for international competition until an investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving members of the team is complete.
- Edmonton Oilers pull out 5-4 win over Coyotesby Reid Wilkins on March 28, 2023 at 4:49 am
The Edmonton Oilers scored two goals on the power play and one shorthanded to register a 5-4 win over the Arizona Coyotes Monday night. Matias Maccelli put Arizona in front just prior to the game’s four minute mark. It took the Oilers only 50 seconds to respond with Zach Hyman on the scoring end of…
- Teen found dead outdoors on Manitoba First Nationby Kevin Hirschfield on March 28, 2023 at 3:19 am
An 18-year-old woman is dead after being found near a lake on Pimicikamak Cree Nation.
- Police ask for help to identify woman found in Richmond Hillby Thea Gribilas – Staff Reporter on March 28, 2023 at 2:20 am
York Regional Police are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a woman.Police were called by a concerned citizen to […]
- Maple Leafs clinch playoff spot. Now comes the hard partby Kevin McGran – Staff Reporter on March 28, 2023 at 1:49 am
The Toronto Maple Leafs are heading to the Stanley Cup playoffs.The Leafs were idle Monday night but clinched a playoff berth for […]
- Russia says it test-fired missiles in Sea of Japanon March 28, 2023 at 3:45 am
Russia’s Defense Ministry says Moscow has test-fired anti-ship missiles in the Sea of Japan.
- Kim Jong-un wants North Korea to make more nuclear material for bombsby Kim Tong-Hyung on March 28, 2023 at 2:43 am
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called for his nuclear scientists to increase production of weapons-grade material to make bombs to put on his increasing range of weapons.
- Near-unanimous House votes to sanction China for organ harvesting, two…by Mark A. Kellner on March 28, 2023 at 12:56 am
The House voted 413-2 Monday in favor of a measure to sanction China’s trade in human organs.
- Heidi Klum Rocks Sparkly Blue Gown With Large Cutout, Thigh-High Slit At iHeartRadio Music Awardsby Sabrina Picou on March 28, 2023 at 3:53 am
Blonde bombshell Heidi Klum dressed to impress in a blue cut-out sparkling dress, which also featured a high slit at the iHeartRadio Music Awards on Mar. 27.
- Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck Adorably Snuggle Up At ‘Air’ Movie Premiereby Erin Silvia on March 28, 2023 at 3:45 am
Jennifer Lopez shared a fun-filled video of her and her husband at the star-studded event as they flaunted fashionable looks.
- Jana Kramer & Boyfriend Allan Russell Make Red Carpet Debut At iHeartRadio Music Awardsby Erin Silvia on March 28, 2023 at 3:00 am
Jana Kramer called her new relationship with Allan Russell ‘great,’ in an interview at the star-studded Los Angeles event.
- Liliana Cavani to Receive Venice Film Fest’s Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievementby Women and Hollywood on March 27, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Liliana Cavani is set to receive a major honor at the 80th edition of Venice Film Festival. The Italian filmmaker will be awarded a Golden Lion for lifetime achievement, per Deadline. Counting “The Night Porter” and “The Berlin Affair” among her credits, Cavani received Venice’s Lion of San Marco for best documentary in 1965 for…
- “Eileen” Adaptation Lands at Neon, Anne Hathaway and Thomasin McKenzie Starby Laura Berger on March 27, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Thomasin McKenzie finds herself on another dangerous journey inspired by a glamorous, mysterious woman in “Eileen,” her latest big screen outing following “One Night in Soho.” Deadline reports that Neon has acquired North American rights to the pic, which also stars Oscar winner Anne Hathaway. An adaptation of Otessa Moshfegh’s 2015 novel of the same…
- Guest Post: How I Found Balance and Flexibility as a Working Mom in Film and Animationby Women and Hollywood on March 24, 2023 at 7:00 pm
By Sherene Strausberg My first film, “Cool For You,” has been accepted into 39 film festivals and received multiple awards, including a Silver Anthem Award last month. As an independent filmmaker with no financial backing or creative support team, I produced, directed, animated, scored, and sound mixed/edited the an animated micro-short myself. I am proud…
- Binance and CEO Changpeng Zhao sued by CFTC for regulatory violationsby Reuters on March 27, 2023 at 4:54 pm
Major cryptocurrency exchange Binance and executives, including CEO and founder Changpeng Zhao, have been sued by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) for regulatory violations, according to a court filing on Monday.
- Why global financial turmoil continues and how it could affect youby Don Pittis on March 27, 2023 at 8:00 am
As investors sold shares in German banking giant Deutsche Bank on Friday, there were growing signs that what started as the collapse of a single California bank has created a complex chain reaction that isn’t over yet.
- First Citizens Bank to acquire what’s left of Silicon Valley Bankby CBC News on March 27, 2023 at 7:37 am
Regional U.S. lender First Citizens Bank has agreed to buy what’s left of Silicon Valley Bank for a steep discount.
- Walmart Canada CEO says retailer not trying to profit from inflationby The Canadian Press on March 27, 2023 at 11:11 pm
- Japan to resume imports of Canadian processed beef, 20 years after mad cow diseaseby The Canadian Press on March 27, 2023 at 9:42 pm
- Canadian branch not included in sale of Silicon Valley Bank to First Citizensby The Canadian Press on March 27, 2023 at 9:23 pm
A regulatory filing shows the Canadian branch of Silicon Valley Bank is not part in First Citizens’ purchase of most of the failed U.S. bank.
- Nicolas Batum hits 8 3-pointers, Clippers beat Bulls 124-112by Greg Beacham – The Associated Press on March 28, 2023 at 4:57 am
- Sergio Romo retires as Giant after pitching one final timeby The Associated Press on March 28, 2023 at 4:45 am
- MacKinnon propels Avalanche to 5-1 victory over Ducksby Joe Reedy – The Associated Press on March 28, 2023 at 4:44 am
- Allen shuts the door as Habs edge Sabres in shootout to avoid playoff eliminationby John Wawrow on March 28, 2023 at 2:31 am
Brendan Gallagher and the Montreal Canadiens rallied back to avoid playoff elimination with less than three weeks left in their season. The Buffalo Sabres, meanwhile, are running out of chances to stay in the Eastern Conference wild-card hunt.
- Defending champion South Carolina tops Maryland to roll into 3rd straight Final 4by Pete Iacobelli,Tim Booth on March 28, 2023 at 1:49 am
Aliyah Boston had 22 points and 10 rebounds, Zia Cooke scored 18 points and top-seeded South Carolina used its smothering defence to take control in the second quarter, outlasting second-seeded Maryland 86-75 on Monday night in Greenville, South Carolina, to reach its third straight Final Four.
- Moose Jaw, Sask., to be 1st Canadian host of World Para Ice Hockey Championshipby Daniella Ponticelli on March 28, 2023 at 12:12 am
The top eight international Para hockey teams will compete at the Moose Jaw Events Centre from May 28 to June 4. The venue will host all 20 games, including the gold-medal contest.
- Scientists are 3D-printing cheesecake. Is this the future of food?by Kevin Jiang – Staff Reporter on March 25, 2023 at 1:53 am
The pastry tasted “very sweet,” though unlike any cheesecake one researcher had ever tasted before, they told the Star. Would you give it a try?
- ChatGPT’s getting an upgrade, but it still can’t pass AP English classby Kevin Jiang – Staff Reporter on March 15, 2023 at 1:05 am
OpenAI unveiled its most advanced AI model yet: GPT-4. It can compose songs, pen screenplays and process images — and is now available to subscribers of ChatGPT Plus.
- Reddit was offline for five hours after an ‘internal systems issue’by Kevin Jiang – Staff Reporter on March 14, 2023 at 10:00 pm
The platform suffered a “major outage” on both desktop and mobile Tuesday. The site is now fully operational.
- Nature puts on a show in this week’s audience photo galleryby CBC News on March 27, 2023 at 8:00 am
Have a photo you’d like us to see? Email us! Our address is email@example.com.
- After getting hit by a truck, this great horned owl has been rehabilitated and released back into the wildby Courtney Dickson on March 26, 2023 at 1:00 pm
An owl hit by a truck near 100 Mile House last winter has been rehabilitated and released back into the wild, much to the excitement of those who rescued her.
- Moose Factory author brings to life the story of Oojakaduck or Fisher constellationby Sam Juric on March 26, 2023 at 11:00 am
Norm Wesley of Moose Factory has been wanting to write a book about Oojakaduck for about 30 years.