- Irving Oil considers selling business, company launches strategic reviewby Rebecca Lau on June 7, 2023 at 4:56 pm
Irving Oil says a strategic review of the company is underway and that it is looking at a series of options about its future, including a possible sale of the business.
- Indigo shakeup: Heather Reisman retiring, 4 other board members stepping downon June 7, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Indigo Books and Music Inc. says founder Heather Reisman will retire as executive chair and as a director this summer, while four other members of its board have also stepped down.
- S&P/TSX composite down Wednesday, U.S. stock markets mixedon June 7, 2023 at 3:41 pm
The S&P/TSX composite index was down 71.91 points at 19,983.69.
- Dollarama tops earning estimates as cost-conscious buyers boost saleson June 7, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Dollarama Inc. says it earned $179.9 million in its latest quarter, up from $145 .5 million in the same quarter a year earlier, as its sales gained 20.7 per cent.
- The Bank of Canada’s key rate rose again. Why another hike in July ‘looks likely’by Craig Lord on June 7, 2023 at 10:29 am
The Bank of Canada raised its benchmark interest rate on Wednesday amid concerns about a hot economy keeping the inflation higher.
- How much will gas cost this summer? Here’s what Canadians can expectby Eric Stober on June 6, 2023 at 9:04 pm
Gas Buddy is warning that while prices for gasoline have dropped the last week, recent decisions to cut the supply of oil could place upward pressure on prices.
- China’s exports tumble in May as global demand faltersby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:46 am
- Japan keeps growth focus but signals end to crisis-mode fiscal largesseby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:45 am
- Japan’s current account in black for third straight monthby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:40 am
- Australia to ban swastika, SS sign citing rise of far-rightby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:36 am
- India central bank to hold rates, markets on guard for any shift in stanceby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:36 am
- Japan upgrades Q1 GDP on solid capexby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:35 am
- New Zealand highlights importance of partners in tense regionby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:30 am
- One-off rate hike ‘skip’ would be Fed first: McGeeverby Reuters on June 8, 2023 at 12:30 am
- Tickets to see soccer superstar Lionel Messi play for Miami soar to $450 as resellers try to cash in on Messi-maniaby Augusta Saraiva, Bloomberg on June 8, 2023 at 12:26 am
The World Cup winner said Wednesday he’d join the MLS team in a blow to Saudi Arabia’s hopes of welcoming another soccer […]
- New York’s smokepocalypse ruins outdoor fun as Yankees game and foodie party are canceled while residents hunker down with masksby Amanda Gordon, Bloomberg on June 7, 2023 at 11:45 pm
Heavy smoke from Canadian wildfires drifted into the metro area, making New York’s air quality among the worst in the world.
- Shares in one-time meme stock darling GameStop plunge 20% after firing its CEO and reporting lackluster salesby Cecilia D’Anastasio, Bloomberg on June 7, 2023 at 10:36 pm
The struggling retailer has unsuccessfully experimented with Web3 and a variety of business models to revive its brick-and-mortar […]
- Taylor Swift isn’t just an entertainment giant. Her sold-out tour is lifting local economies tooby Augusta Saraiva, Bloomberg on June 7, 2023 at 10:07 pm
Hotel bookings in Chicago during Taylor Swift’s three-night run reached an all-time high.
- Every major U.S. news organization is now officially helmed by a womanby Jane Thier on June 7, 2023 at 9:10 pm
Chris Licht’s departure from CNN sealed the deal.
- Messi notwithstanding, the budget-busting Saudi soccer push is a page out of the great American sports playbookby Stefan Szymanski, The Conversation on June 7, 2023 at 9:04 pm
Stefan Szymanski, author of “Soccernomics,” thinks Saudi Arabia could pop the MLS bubble.
- GameStop Shares Fall as It Fires CEO and Names Ryan Cohen Executive Chairmanon June 7, 2023 at 11:00 pm
Chief Executive Matt Furlong is out at the videogame and consumer-electronics retailer.
- CNN CEO Chris Licht Is Outon June 7, 2023 at 9:53 pm
CNN parted ways with its chief executive, ending a tenure of a little over a year that was marked by a series of missteps.
- U.S. Struggles to Turn Steel Imports ‘Green’on June 7, 2023 at 8:53 pm
President Biden has yet to deliver on a pledge to levy tariffs on steel based on greenhouse gases generated in production.
- Treasury’s $1 Trillion Debt Deluge Threatens Market Calmon June 7, 2023 at 8:18 pm
The U.S. government could face borrowing at rates near 6%, up from 0.1% less than two years ago.
- Campbell’s U.S. Soup Sales Cool Offon June 7, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Campbell Soup reported a decline in U.S. soup sales, but said consumers are starting to shift purchasing back to shelf-stable products and away from pricier items on the supermarket perimeter.
- Amazon Plans Ad Tier for Prime Video Streaming Serviceon June 7, 2023 at 5:04 pm
Amazon is planning to launch an advertising-supported tier of its Prime Video streaming service as it looks to generate more revenue from entertainment.
- China’s Share of U.S. Goods Imports Falls to Lowest Since 2006on June 7, 2023 at 5:02 pm
Americans imported more goods from abroad in April while becoming less reliant on products from China.
- Female entrepreneurs to add £250b to the economy with equal access to funding and support by Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 3:15 pm
Female entrepreneurs could add £250 billion to the UK economy with equal access to funding and right support, according to the Business and Trade Secretary and Minister for Women and Equalities, Kemi Badenoch. Read more: Female entrepreneurs to add £250b to the economy with equal access to funding and support
- Ringover raises €20M to revolutionise sales performance and customer satisfactionby Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 11:10 am
Software as a Service (SaaS) developer, Ringover, has announced the completion of a €20 million financing round. Read more: Ringover raises €20M to revolutionise sales performance and customer satisfaction
- Pre-loved children’s clothing marketplace, Cress, receives six-figure cash injection to grow and expand down underby Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 11:04 am
A new online marketplace, dedicated to buying and selling pre-loved clothing for children, has received an investment of £150,000 to unlock its plans for growth. Read more: Pre-loved children’s clothing marketplace, Cress, receives six-figure cash injection to grow and expand down under
- Apple reveals Vision Pro AR headset at its worldwide developers conferenceby Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 10:34 am
Apple has lifted the lid on the worst kept secret in Silicon Valley and revealed the Vision Pro, a $3,499 VR headset. Read more: Apple reveals Vision Pro AR headset at its worldwide developers conference
- One in four UK business-owners have fast tracked their exit strategies in the past 12 months as General Election loomsby Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 10:23 am
The owners of the majority of UK businesses with a turnover of £5 million upwards are pursuing an exit strategy, according to new research. Read more: One in four UK business-owners have fast tracked their exit strategies in the past 12 months as General Election looms
- Half of big international firms to cut office space in next three yearsby Business Matters on June 7, 2023 at 10:12 am
Half of the largest international employers are planning to cut their office space in the next three years, according to a survey, as they struggle to manage the complex nature of the post-Covid workplace. Read more: Half of big international firms to cut office space in next three years
- NBFCs Q4 loan sales inch up 2%; FY23 records 24% rise at Rs 16.93L cron June 7, 2023 at 4:19 pm
- Rising imports, falling exports push US trade deficit to six-month highon June 7, 2023 at 2:16 pm
The US trade deficit widened by the most in eight years in April as imports of goods rebounded while exports of energy products […]
- LIC raises its stake in Tech Mahindra by 2% to 8.8%on June 7, 2023 at 2:00 pm
- Markets climb for 4th day; Sensex rallies 350 points to reclaim 63k-markon June 7, 2023 at 10:59 am
Benchmark equity indices ended with gains on Wednesday, logging their fourth day of rally amid fresh foreign fund inflows and a […]
- Union cabinet approves $11 bn revival plan for BSNLon June 7, 2023 at 10:48 am
- Rupee rises 5 paise to close at 82.55 against US dollaron June 7, 2023 at 10:47 am
- Markets shares extend winning streak ahead of RBI rate decisionon June 7, 2023 at 10:24 am
- Indian carriers to order 1,200-1,400 more planes in next few years: Scindiaby Saurabh Sinha on June 7, 2023 at 10:11 am
Indian aviation has touched new highs in the last nine years and is poised for accelerated further growth in coming years, Union […]